COVID-19 Update - 23/11/2020

Advice is given to Club Members and their friends. Due to the changing nature of the situation, please check back here regularly for any updates.

UPDATE - 23/11/2020 - Monthly General Meetings

Notice is given that, the monthly Club General Meetings will recommence from December 15th 2020.

The December meeting will be held at the Dogs NSW Ammenities room at 7:30pm. Followed directly after by the Annual Christmas function.

Into the New Year, the meetings will fall on the 3rd Tuesday of the month and be held at St Mary's RSL Club. Hall St, St Marys NSW 2760, Australia. Please see the Events Calender for more information -

At all times, all attendees are reminded to follow COVID-19 regulations


Hi Members,

On Saturday 27th June, the committee held a Special General Meeting to accept Laurie Smith’s resignation as Secretary of the Club and to accept Rosemary Duffy to fill the casual vacancy.

During the meeting we discussed the Club's AGM and it was decided that we would postpone the AGM until November, when hopefully larger groups of people will be able to attend.

The committee hopes that all members are staying safe and well at this time.

Karen Paul

Vice President


The Club reminds all NSW members to be aware of the COVID-19 regulations as detailed by the Department of Primary Industries, with respect to the movement of animals and their care.

For all other states, please ensure you are familiar with your own state regulations.


Hello Everybody,

It is with much regret that the Committee has made the decision to cancel the September Championship show. This was to be our first year sharing a judge with Canterbury Cavalier in NZ and we were looking forward to this international arrangement.

However in view of the international situation and the spread of Covid 19, both Australia and NZ have many restrictions in place on both international and internal travel and on gatherings of people. While we all hope that the situation will improve, and while both Australia and NZ appear to have coped with this pandemic far better than some countries, we still have no definite dates for restrictions to be eased. International air travel is especially uncertain.

The NZKC is cancelling its National show as far ahead as October so it seems unlikely that conditions will improve before the scheduled date for Canterbury Cavalier in September.

Our judge elect for NSW in September is Jean Tremblay of Halfmo on Cavaliers in Canada and the NSW club hopes that he will be able to officiate in September 2021.

Jeanie Montford



In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic

To all our Club members and friends

The health and well-being of all members of The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of NSW is our priority.

In line with the directives from the State Government and The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) coronavirus (COVID-19) statement of 13 March 2020, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of NSW have regrettably made the following decisions:

  • Our Easter Sunday Championship Show has been cancelled (Previously Advised 16/03/2020)

  • Our Fun and Information Day at Castle Hill Showground on the 17th May 2020 has been cancelled.

  • Our Open Show on the 24th May 2020, has been cancelled. We extend the offer to the Judge to do the judging for the Open Show in 2021

  • Our Heart Clinic with Dr Niek Beijerink, has been cancelled.

  • The Pointscore for 2020 will not be held, irrespective of the running of the September Championship Show.

Due to many of our members and committee being in the at-risk groups and with other medical conditions, we have made the decision that the club will not be holding any further monthly meetings until at least the new financial year.

The committee will discuss soon:

  • Scheduling of the AGM

  • The running of our Championship Show in September 2020. The Canterbury Club in NZ is supportive of any decision we make, as we have previously planned to facilitate the same international Judge.

Rhonda Callaghan is responding to Rescues requests; however, she has put together some specific guidelines for those that contact her. We will continue to support her as needed.

The Club recommends, at this time that individual members take all preventative measures and adhere to government recommendations in dealing with the public via Puppy, Breeder referrals.

The Club’s Yearbook, as previously advised, will be sent out by Australia Post to all advertisers as well as for all purchases through the Website shop. We expect to go to printing in days and therefore to be sent out soon, however delays may be expected.

The Club is still looking for Judge Nominations for future years, these can be done via the website, up till the end of April.

Membership renewals will be sent out soon. We will be flexible with all members but expect processing to be delayed. The Club cannot accept new members at this stage, due to the cancellation of the monthly meetings.

Any further Club updates will be published via the Club Email or on the Club Website. (this page)

Dogs NSW also has regular bulletins published during this time

It’s important to remember the 4-legged members of our family, that they are well looked after. Delivery and availability of their food and medical supplies as well as access to Veterinary Clinics may also be impacted.

The Club has made these decisions in the best interest of the Club members, their family and friends. As a committee we ask that all our members and friends observe the social distancing guidelines and that you and your families all remain safe and well. The Committee can be contacted via the usual methods.

Best Regards

The Club Committee

26th March 2020


The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of NSW, EASTER CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW, which was due to run on Easter Sunday 12th April... has now been cancelled. This is in line with Dogs NSW Announcement (see below). The Club will provide further information on the ramifications of the cancellation in due course.

The Club will refund Easter Championship Show entries. Within Ozentries, the club has been able to withdraw entries and close the show. Funds will then be automatically refunded to registrant's accounts.

The Easter Championship Show will not be rescheduled.


Depending on circumstances, the Club monthly meetings may be cancelled. Please refer to the Events Calendar

March 18th Meeting - CANCELLED (no Show business to discuss)

April 15th Meeting - CANCELLED

May 20th Meeting - CANCELLED

June 17th Meeting - CANCELLED


The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of NSW Yearbook will now be posted to ALL Advertisers, as pickup will no longer be available (per Easter Show cancellation). The Club will contact all advertisers that requested pickup, to confirm their delivery addresses. As usual, Delivery of Yearbooks to all advertisers is free.

The Yearbook can still be ordered from the Club website. The pickup option from the Bill Spilstead complex is no longer available (per Easter Show cancellation), and all purchases will default to postal delivery.


The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of NSW, OPEN SHOW, is still scheduled to run in May, however the Club may cancel the show in line with any advice provided by Dogs NSW. The expectation on advice from Dogs NSW is Monday April 6th (see below).


The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of NSW, FUN and INFORMATION DAY, is still scheduled to be run in May, however the Club may cancel the day in line with any advice provided by Government entities.


CANCELLATION OF ALL DOGS NSW EVENTS AND CLOSURE OF GROUNDS UNTIL MONDAY 13 APRIL 2020 INCLUSIVE Further, the situation regarding COVID-19 will be reviewed in twenty one days (21 days), ie, on Monday 6 April 2020.

STATEMENT: The health and well-being of all DOG NSW Members and Staff is our priority. In view of the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) coronavirus (COVID-19) statement of 13 March 2020. DOGS NSW advises that all DOGS NSW events scheduled for the next twenty eight days (28 days), from Monday 16 March 2020 until Monday 13 April 2020 inclusive, are to be cancelled or postponed and that DOGS NSW grounds are closed for all meetings or gatherings of more than five (5) people. DOGS NSW further advises that the situation regarding COVID-19 will be reviewed in twenty one days (21 days), ie, on Monday 6 April 2020, when further advice will be issued. More information can be accessed by clicking here:-


The COVID 19 pandemic is now moving extremely rapidly with infections increasing throughout the community, ie, community transmission is now becoming more common. The at risk group is 60+ years, especially for those with other health issues, a group that many of our members belong to.

People are being advised not to be in groups of over 500, but if one is in a high risk group, they should not attend any non-essential meetings or gatherings. Regular attendees at DOGS NSW events could prove to be ideal vectors, ie, spreaders of this type of disease, as they may attend multiple events across the country, possibly being repeatedly exposed, thereby potentially repeatedly exposing others. All Agricultural shows have been cancelled and, therefore, the DOGS NSW Board of Directors believe the only option for us is to take a similar step to cancel all events for the next 28 days with a review of the position we are in 21 days. We could be considered grossly negligent if we fail to be proactive in this rapidly developing pandemic. We do not need to lose any of our members to this serious condition.

If you need to cancel or change your booking of an event or camping, please email the Office at

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us

    © 2014-2020 by Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of NSW